Properties‎ > ‎


Looking south down Rockeby Road, Subiaco. The place to start hunting for food, markets, events and fashion [x]

About Subiaco

Properties in Subiaco

Subiaco is an inner western suburb of Perth, Western Australia, situated to the north of Kings Park. Its Local Government Area is the City of Subiaco.

Landmarks of the suburb include Subiaco Oval, Mueller Park, the Regal Theatre, the Subiaco Hotel, the Victorian Terraces on Catherine Street, the Colonnade and Subi Centro and the Subiaco Theatre Centre.
City of Subiaco

The main street of Subiaco is Rokeby Road which is named after Lord Rokeby. Another important commercial road is Hay Street.

Residential areas include Subi Centro, a modern housing development with the sunken Subiaco railway station on reclaimed industrial land near Wembley, and older heritage properties towards Shenton Park.


Major hospital facilities include St John of God Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children and King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women.

School facilities include Subiaco Primary School and Perth Modern School, which is renowned for being the oldest government school as well as the only academically selective school in Western Australia.


Subiaco Street Festival is held every year as a street party on Rokeby Road and Hay Street and includes live entertainment and games.


The area now known as Subiaco was the homeland of the Nyungah Aboriginal people long before the first European settlers came to the area.

A group of Benedictine monks, whose founder came from Subiaco, Italy settled in the area in 1851 and called their monastery New Subiaco. When the Perth to Fremantle railway opened in 1881, the name Subiaco was adopted for a railway station near the monastery and later for the cluster of houses and businesses which became the present Subiaco.

Other European settlers followed, and in 1886, the first house in Subiaco was built on Mueller Road, now Roberts Road, near the Perth-Fremantle railway line. The opening of the railway encouraged settlement with land being much cheaper in Subiaco than in Perth or West Perth, and this in turn supported retail and industrial development.

Subiaco's population increased phenomenally in the 1890s due to a depression in the eastern states and the gold rush in Kalgoorlie. Subiaco was proclaimed a municipality in 1897, and became the City of Subiaco in 1952. The Council comprises the Mayor and 12 Councillors, supported by the City Administration. The City of Subiaco includes the suburbs of Jolimont, Daglish, Shenton Park, Subiaco and Crawley.